I do apologise for not having sent this out last week. A dose of Lockdown-itis affected the way I read the calendar. However, this has given us a new opportunity to get some embroidery stock.
I know there are some who are doing really well on their Covid Frieze project – this is so exciting! We look forward to the final work of art. Many people are designing their own pieces, but I know there are some whose skill lies in execution rather than in design, in which case some of our most celebrated teachers and producers will be showcased in this rather special way.
We are still working in isolation, and it has to be that way at the moment. How lucky we are to be able to keep ourselves busy with our craft! Danny has been in contact with Ingrid Meyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) who has decided to close her shop and she has the following items for sale. Please contact her directly – this not a Guild project, but we are trying to give her a market for her stock. Details are in at the bottom of the list.
- DMC stranded skeins ( full range of numbers) @ R 6 .00 a skein
- DMC Perle in No. 5,8,12 ( limited numbers) @R 20.00 a ball
- Aida 8ct. 110 cm wide R 120.00 p.m.
- Linda 27ct. 140 Cm wide R 140.00 p.m.
- Yellow even weave 25ct. R 140.00P.m.
- Hunters green even weave 27 ct. 140 cm. wide R 130.00 p.m.
- Dark Green even weave 32ct. 140 cm wide R 150.00 p.m.
- Dark beige even weave 17ct. 140cm wide R 140 .00 pm.
- Aida white / beige 110 cm wide R 150.00 p.m.
- Vinyl Aida 14ct. 78cm. wide R 200.00 p.m. ( it is for making
- magnets, etc, craft cross stitch
To end with, I am including an episode from the series “Rosemary and Thyme” which you may remember aired a few years ago. In this one, embroidery features (a small role, but an important one). Enjoy!